First Home Buyer Masterclass
We regularly run free first home buyer Masterclasses with some of Australia’s leading mortgage brokers, builders and developers. Educating first-time buyers on all topics relating to home loans and buying or building your first home.
OUR RECENT MASTERCLASS EVENTS
Gold Coast/Brisbane First Home Buyers Masterclass
When: February 2019
Where: Pimpama Tavern, Pimpama, Queensland.
Speakers: Mortgage Broker Toni Lamb & New Home Build Expert Mark Foster
Sponsors: Goldengrove Building Group, Southern Cross Credit Union & FIS Insurance
Melbourne First Home Buyers Masterclass
When: November 2018
Where: Waterman Business Centre, Chadstone, Victoria.
Speakers: Award-Winning Mortgage Broker Bernard Desmond
Sponsors: ALI Group and JLL Australia
What Will You Learn At Our First Home Buyer Masterclass?
- Minimum deposit generally required and how the banks work out your borrowing capacity
- Saving and budget tips to get you into your first home faster
- Credit ratings – How will yours affect you?
- Different approval types and what they mean for you e.g online, pre-approval and final approval
- Guarantor Loans (help from mum and dad) and how this option may help you get into your first home immediately
- Forgotten fees when purchasing a home e.g Stamp duty, bank fees, legal fees etc
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) and how this can potentially help you buy your first home faster
- Current Government grants available being a first-time buyer
- Benefits of using Brokers V’s Banks and Online websites
- Client case studies and how you can benefit
- Biggest myths/misconceptions about getting a home loan
- How to choose the right first home so you don’t regret your purchase?
- Popular property options available to First Home Buyers and the pro’s and con’s of each
- Common and costly mistakes First home Buyers make when purchasing a property and how to avoid them
- How to deal and work with local agents if they are applying pressure to you
- How to make strong offers and negotiate with local agents
- What to be on the lookout for e.g Blacklisted areas, Investors, and competition etc
- The First Home Buyer Buddy and how it can give you an ‘unfair’ advantage over your competition